I’m thrilled to let you know that the recent Page Layouts Challenge – part of the Design, Make and Share 2015 project – has resulted in 13 fabulous FREE page layouts for you to download! Available as a single, multiple page Craft Artist project file (.craft file), the Page Layouts are a wonderful addition to the Shades of Summer kit – if you haven’t yet downloaded this lovely kit and accompanying Styles, you’ll find links to it all HERE.
Now check out the winning Page Layouts in the Gallery below:
Here’s how to ADD the new Page Layouts to the Shades of Summer kit
1) Download the project file named DM&S2_PageLayouts.craft (at 65MB it is a large file so please be patient). Make sure you know the location of downloaded file on your PC – you will need that info for Step 2 below.
2) Open your Craft Artist software and go to File > Open. Navigate to the file you downloaded in Step 1 and select/open it. You will see all 13 layouts as individual pages.
3) Go to ‘Add items from Digikits’ and load the kit named Shades of Summer DM&S2 which you have previously downloaded and installed.
4) Go to Tools>Digikit Creator and open the Layouts category to the left of the screen
5) Click Add – you should see all 13 layouts appear in a box – just make sure each layout is selected/checked
6) Click OK
7) Choose ‘Save Digikit’ and enter the existing kit name i.e. Shades of Summer DM&S2
8) Click ‘Save’ – you should be told that the kit already exist, and asked if you wish to replace it
9) Click ‘Yes’ to save your extended version of the kit
10) The Shades of Summer DM&S2 Digikit is now updated and complete
I hope you enjoy using the layouts – simply drop your photos into the frames, change colours and amend text if you wish… the possibilities are endless. I must also encourage you to expand the Layers palette and discover how the pages are put together – they are an insight into how other people work with Craft Artist and offer a superb learning opportunity.
To close this post, here are some very special photos I scrapped using a winning layout by Littlebrownhen. My beautiful Burmese cat, Babe, reached the grand old age of 19 earlier this week. The page layout was a pleasure to work with and I love the result. Thank you Sam!